Conscious Step was founded in Australia by social entrepreneurs Hassan Ahmad, Prashant Mehta and Adam Long and is now based in New York. The three came together in 2014 to create a company that raises consumer awareness of the problems faced by the world today and the organisations fighting them. They settled on socks as a way that would be convenient, tangible, recognisable and, of course, fun.
- The Education pair donates the equivalent of two books to school children in Asia through Room to Read.
- The Water pair provides 3 years of clean water to someone without this basic human necessity through Water.org.
- The Ocean Protection pair provides resources needed to preserve and restore the world’s oceans through Oceana.
- The pair supporting HIV provides a week of HIV treatment to a pregnant woman through UNAIDS.
- The Trees pair plants 20 trees in Kenya through Trees for the Future.
- The Elephant Socks – Empowers rangers to combat illegal wildlife trafficking
- The Sharks pair contributes to Oceana and ts mission to protect the ocean and its precious creatures such as sharks through Oceana.
- Relief (disaster) Kits – This pair provides lifesaving relief kits worldwide through Oxfam
- The Toucan and Lion Socks supports Conservation International